Advocating with Elected Officials
To find out who your elected officials are, visit http://www.senate.mo.gov/legislookup/default.aspx When you enter your Missouri mailing address (including 9 digit zip code), you will get names and contact information for:
- Your Missouri senator and representative
- Your US House Representative
- Missouri’s US senators
Where’s Roy Blunt Demonstration
Sponsored by St. Louis Indivisible
February 21, Noon
7700 Bonhomme Ave., Clayton (Bonhomme & Hanley)
Objective: to publicly encourage Senator Blunt to hold a town hall meeting in the St. Louis metro in the next 30 days.
The demonstration will be followed by a meeting between Mary Beth Wolf, Sen. Blunt’s District Director and ten of our group, on the following day. We will deliver a petition demanding a town hall meeting with Sen. Blunt.
What we’re asking you to do:
1) If you haven’t already done so, call Senator Blunt’s D.C. office, at (202) 224-5721, to ask WHEN Senator Blunt will be appearing at a town hall meeting in the St. Louis Metro. The staffer will tell you that he does not have one scheduled. Respond by asking that one be scheduled in the next 30 days. If you can’t get through in D.C., call the Clayton office at (314) 725-4484, tell them that, and make the same requests.
2) Let us know you’re coming! We are cooperating closely with the Clayton PD and have promised them a rough head count. Respond to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Invite others! Invite like-minded people and like minded groups! The larger our demonstration, the more of a difference we’ll make! Just be sure to let us know what you know about what’s coming.
4) Make and bring a sign! Our theme is WHERE’S ROY? Those two words, in large block letters on a light-colored background, are all you need (and if you don’t have time to make a sign, bring yourself and your friends anyway). Another sign suggestion is: SENATOR BLUNT, YOU REPRESENT ALL OF MISSOURI! Or think up your own (we do request a focus on Sen. Blunt’s refusal to hold town halls and our demand that he do so).