Women’s Voices addresses the following issues:
- Economic Justice
- Gun Violence
- Health Care
- Human Rights
- Justice System
- Racial Justice
- Reproductive Justice
- Voting Rights
How We Advocate
Women’s Voices addresses social justice issues by:
- Sponsoring free educational programs open to the public monthly (September-May) on the second Thursday evening of the month.
- Advocating in support of or opposition to proposed legislation at the state and federal levels. Our advocacy includes: testifying at legislative hearings, providing written testimony to legislative committees, and meeting with legislators in Jefferson City and in their home districts.
- Taking positions on ballot measures related to the issues we work on.
- Writing letters-to-the editor and commentary/op-ed articles for publication in newspapers and other media.
- Partnering with other organizations on advocacy activities including rallies, phone banking, and community outreach.
- Sharing advocacy alerts and links to petitions on our website and on our Facebook and Twitter pages. See the current list here.
For more information or to get involved, e-mail email@example.com